2021 Goals aka Random Thoughts

Whoa!  I think it might be time to resurrect this blog once more.  So may ups and downs in life, catering to everyone but oneself.  It can be so easy to fall in to that trap, right?

The recent blood moon really disrupted my being.  I may look the same to the outside world but inside I feel like a washing machine on the heavy wash cycle!  The high emotions of feeling organised and ready to take on the world followed quickly by days of self-doubt.  Those are the days I really struggle.

However, it has pushed me to take time out to do the things I used to love.  I say "used" because somehow I have lost my true self over the years.  So my plan is to weave these activities back into my life one by one, even if I'm not great at them anymore.

So, what are these activities I'm planning?  Well, they're not super exciting but I feel if I get them written down now that I am more likely to give them a go.


Writing

Although I really disliked English in high school, I actually loved writing.  Last week I signed up for some online course lessons to help me plan out a story.  It was fun coming up with a plot and characters with my son (he's now 14!) and we laughed a lot working through plot twists.


Photography

Staying up late to view the eclipse and daily walks to the beach to view the king tides battering our shorelines meant I needed to charge those camera batteries.  My phone camera just wasn't going to cut it.  I also have a few of my shots up on PicFair and hope to add more soon.

Baking/Cooking

I enjoy creating food from scratch.  Of course, I have my favourite recipes but I am always on the lookout for more.  I also avoid packet mixes and instead, buy my herbs and spices in bulk.  I have a few favourite websites I order these from which I will share in future.

Sewing

Ok, so I never really stopped.  I have a sewing room but it's feeling a bit neglected at the moment.  I had quite a busy Summer market this year and I was happy with the sales I made but I know if I just put a little more effort in and attend multiple markets I could do so much better.  Perhaps even offer custom orders?  I'm in the process of shifting from children's clothing to adults clothing but really need to have some sort of plan instead of just winging it.


Hiking

So this is a little bit out of my current comfort zone but I'm willing to work at it.  This will be a
surprise to Mr14 even though I've told him many tales of our childhood growing up in the bush.  His ideal lifestyle would be a house in the bush and he would drive an old beat-up Toyota Hilux.

Can I do all this while continuing to homeschool?  I guess we'll see.


PS a few changes to the blog are coming...


Comments

Popular Posts