Life Changes... but I don't

If there is one thing I'm good at, that is adapting to change.  I actually thrive on change and I couldn't imagine living more than a decade in one place.  One thing that never changes though, is my need to help people.  You might find me folding someone's washing, minding someone's kids or offering a hand to help out - and meaning it!  I think this is my calling.  To help people.

It's tough because I'm such an anxious person.  When people are rude, I  feel anger rising.  My anger leaves my body as tears.  I believe in treating everyone the same.  You have money?  So what!  You have friends in high places?  Um, ok.  Guess what?  When we come to the end, we'll all be the same vulnerable human beings we were born as.

Don't you think, bearing that in mind, that our goal in life should not be to become millionaires, but to make the lives of others' matter.  To make your life so rich in experiences and knowing you've helped many people regardless of their situation.

We've become a society where we are told what to do, when to do it but we're not really told why.  We are told that to be of value to society we must find a job.  We must work for someone, starting from the bottom and working our way up through the ranks where we will eventually be paid more.  Fine, this works perfectly for most.  But for others it is so restricting, so mundane doing the same things over and over, not getting a whole lot of satisfaction from their work.

Life is for living.  If there is something you want to do, then do it!  Stop making excuses like 'I have no money', 'I have to ask my husband first', or 'I don't have time'.  If you want something bad enough, you will find the money or the time, or you'll say yes and deal with the consequences later.

Get out there and do life!  Stop waiting for the 'right time'.  There is so much more to life than staying in a job just because it 'pays the bills'.


Comments

Popular Posts