The Christmas Challenge - Week One

We have come to the end of the first week of November already.  Is it just me or did that go incredibly fast?  I have to say I'm starting to get a bit panicky about Christmas.  I want everything to be just right this year.  My sewing list isn't long and I'm hoping to have it all finished by Dec 1st.  You can see my list up there - press the Christmas Challenge tab.

I did a little this week but was easily sidetracked.  After success making my first sock monkey (a Rugby World Cup 2011 monkey for my little rugby fan) I had a go at making a smaller version.  It didn't work for me.  It was frustrating that I couldn't get it perfect.  Elijah wasn't impressed that I used his socks - apparently they were his favourite.  I think he is lying, actually pretty sure they're not his favourite.

stubborn monkey
Then thinking about Christmas decorations I whipped up some bunting - not on my list (again, I am easily sidetracked)

You'll have to imagine this on the wall
The thought of sewing a whole lot of triangles didn't appeal (I have done it before) so I went with something I found on pinterest (oh how I am loving pinterest)

On to the gifts I'm supposed to be making!  I literally whipped up these two bag bags using teatowels and a piece of ribbon - easy.

Three skirts for the little girls in my family - two are made with vintage sheeting and the other with new fabric I had in my stash.


So while I still have a few weeks of November left, I know it's going to be busy.  I also have to think about a gift for kindy as it will be Elijah's last day at the end of term.

Comments

  1. Awesome progress - well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh goodness! I'm so impressed! I haven't (gulp) started!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore the bunting Kelly, lovely idea making it rounded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Mr monkey and the skirts are adorable. We have just packed up our lives and moved in with my mother so am thinking with a bit of spare time I should get to crafting some cheap christmas gifts too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts