Simple Raita

I've been enjoying Indian cookery lately and while it can often seem very elaborate it is actually very simple and also very budget-friendly.  I'm not a huge fan of spicy food so often the chili content puts me off a little BUT a simple raita fixes that.  There are many ways of making a raita but I like mine without any spices added.  It is a very quick and easy salad made with the 3 c's - cucumber, coriander, carrot - onion and dressed with yoghurt.  To make my simple raita, chop into small pieces the following:

1/2 telegraph cucumber
1 medium sized onion
1 handful of coriander (this will depend on how much you like it - I love it!)

then grate a small carrot.  Toss all four ingredients in a bowl then add a pinch of salt and 1 cup of plain unsweetened yoghurt.  Mix through and store in the fridge until you are ready to use.  This will keep 2-3 days if stored in a sealed container.


Serve with all your curries to tone down the spice.

Comments

Popular Posts