Kelly's Coconut Korma

As the title suggests I based this recipe on a korma curry but because I couldn't find a recipe online that I liked, I decided to wing it.  It turned out great - quite spicy but also very light.

Kelly's Korma

3 small onions - chopped
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon chili
1 teaspoon grated ginger
2 teaspoons crushed ginger
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
juice of one lemon
3 chopped tomatoes
1 can of coconut milk
1 cup yoghurt
1 whole roasted chicken cut into pieces (I had marinated mine in a paste of 1/2 cup yoghurt, 1 teaspoon chili and 1 teaspoon garam masala before roasting)
handful of coriander leaves

Like most curries, start by frying the chopped onion in 2-3 tablespoons of oil until browned verging on burning then add the garlic, ginger and all other spices.  Add the tomatoes and cook until tender.  Over a low heat pour into the mixture the coconut milk and yoghurt - stir until well mixed through.  In a large pot place the chicken pieces.  Pour the korma mix over the chicken and heat through slowly over a low heat.  Throw in the chopped coriander and mix through.  It is now ready to serve

Comments

  1. yummy - I love currys and I have never made them myself... this is on the list

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Kelly all these recipes look DIVINE!!
    I cant wait to try some of them -yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jody, nice to meet you. I have tried for ages to make Indian food without any luck so will try again. They are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts