Homemade Lemonade Concentrate

I've been enjoying as much produce as possible this year trying to cut back on both spending and preservatives and the like.  It's been fun getting back into the kitchen (as much as I dislike my current space) and making something from scratch.  I managed to grab a few bags of lemons from my cousin's lemon tree, it just wasn't right to let them go to waste while they're away on holiday.  So I've made lemon honey, gooey lemon slice, coconut, lemon and almond improv (that means I made it up as I went) cake, and lemonade concentrate.

There is nothing more refreshing than sitting down to a cool homemade lemonade on a hot day and with a bit of tweaking I think I finally have the taste just right.  You will need:

1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (around 5-6 lemons depending on size)
1 cup sugar (I just used white sugar)
1 cup water
1 teaspoon citric acid (you can replace it with tartaric acid but I think that makes it a little too tart)

Combine all ingredients together in a pot and place over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.  Give it a stir every now and again.  Leave to cool then pour into a clean bottle.  When you're ready to use mix one part concentrate to 4-5 parts water.

I'm off to enjoy one now :)

PS - sorry for the lack of photos, I'm on my husband's laptop and it doesn't seem to like the SD card

Comments

  1. I am LOVING your new look!!

    Great recipe, too...will have to file that away for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum!!
    Love anything Lemon!
    you must of been reading my mind, this afternoon I was thinking how I was totally craving a lemon drink!!! pity all the lemons Ive found lately are those plastic looking ones..I love real lemons!'
    Will be trying this when I find some real looking lemons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts