Happy 4th Birthday Elijah!

It's hard to believe four years have passed.  I remember the day so clearly, like it was only yesterday.  I was patiently waiting for my 3pm midwife appointment.  I didn't think I was in labour.  I'd given up thinking 'is this it?' because I was already 9 days overdue.  You were meant to be here for Christmas 2006 - I guess it just wasn't the right time.  Then New Year's passed and still nothing happened.

Then on the 3rd January 2007 the backup midwife noticed something wasn't quite right - my midwife was off delivering two other babies that day.  I went into theatre pretty quickly after that but didn't see you until a few hours later.  A lot of hard work was to follow as over the next six weeks you fought to get healthy enough to come home.  Just looking at you now it's hard to believe the doctor gave us such very grim news - that the prognosis wasn't good and your condition severe.
Now you are one of the healthiest kids I know and also one of the brightest (I believe I'm allowed to say that hehe)

You love Spiderman, Ben 10, Incredible Hulk and Transformers even though you rarely see those programmes.  You love to ride your trike and scooter, jump on the tramp the neighbour so kindly gave you, weed the garden like Aunty Nicky taught you, vacuum for me and even fold clothes.  You are busy, so very busy and never bored.

Raw fruit and veges, biscuits and crackers, chocolate milk and lollipops are all your favourite things (although the latter two are off the cards for 2011).

You start morning kindy in a few weeks, I think you're going to love it but I'm not sure how I'm going to get you there by 8.30am - you love your sleep ins!  I love to see how far you've come but your personality is still the same as the day you were born.  You are determined, kind and always one step ahead.  You have made some very good friends this past year: Caleb, Kirra and Macey along with ones you've known since you were little (Harrison & Joshua) - you call them your besties.













Happy 4th Birthday - I hope this year is the best yet

Comments

  1. happy birthday precious elijah,wishing u many more happy days for 2011 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Happy Birthday Elijah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, how did I miss this post.
    I hope Elijah had a great birthday.
    What a great post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts