Chicken Jalfrezi

One of my favourite dishes, possibly because it's full of capsicum and I love capsicum!  This is my fairly mild version and something I forgot to point out in my last post was that I use mild chili powder and that you can adjust any of the ingredients to suit you.

Chicken Jalfrezi

1 large onion - chopped
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1 teaspoon grated ginger
3 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon chili
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons cumin (I used whole but you can use powdered form also)
3 teaspoons ground coriander
4-5 tomatoes - chopped (or an average sized tin)
2-3 capsicums (any colour) - sliced
handful of fresh coriander leaves (although it tastes fine without it)
1 whole roasted chicken chopped into pieces (or 600gm boneless chicken pieces)

I like to roast my chicken first to make sure that it's cooked right through.  Fry the onion in 2-3 tablespoons of oil (of your choice) until browned verging on burnt then add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, chili, salt, cumin and ground coriander - gently fry for a minute or so then add the chopped tomatoes and sliced capsicum.  Cook for a few more minutes while you place your chicken pieces into a large pot.  Tip in the tomato mixture and continue to cook until the tomatoes are soft.  Throw in the chopped fresh coriander and stir through.  It is now ready to serve

Comments

  1. Chicken Jalfrezi is one of my ALLTIME favourite dishes!!!! Am definitely trying this one! Yummo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I am definitely going to make this and secondly - I just received my "prize" from the I LOVE YOUR BLOG competition and it was a gorgeous tote, purse and (I hope I worked it out right) shopping bag holder. According to the card you are the incredibly talented creator.

    They are so gorgeous and by some amazing universal weirdness, the shopping bag holder has the exact same shade of orange in it as my kitchen's feature wall!

    I will be blogging about them later today and will include all your details :)

    Thanks.

    Cyndi@ LatteJunkie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts