One of THOSE days...

Yesterday was one of those days where it seemed nothing was going right.  It started with me forgetting to stitch the inside of a bag closed - the one I donated to Felt Aid and had already sent to a customer in Oz.  Yes, I was very embarrassed but I also felt like I let everyone down - my customer (who is lovely btw), Felt Aid, the people of Christchurch... and myself.

Then Elijah woke up late and the first thing out of his mouth was "I don't want to go to kindy".  I'm not sure what is causing him a bit of anxiety at kindy but he keeps asking me to put my name down for parent help, and when I go to pick him up he's always waiting at the gate for me.  I guess with a lot of his classmates moving up to morning kindy he's feeling a little left out.  He also says the teachers don't talk to him and I know they're not supervising afternoon tea very well because they normally encourage them to take a bite of at least three different foods - yesterday Elijah had a tiny bite of his sandwich and didn't touch anything else.

While Elijah was at kindy I thought I better drop off the piece of quilt top I'd made to Cat.  On the way I stopped in at the New Lynn Salvation Army.  What can I say?  Well not a lot really except their pricing is absolutely ridiculous, the goods mostly filthy and the whole place smelled of toilet spray - offensive!

I went to pick Elijah up - I'm always one of the first Mums to arrive yet Elijah is always one of the last to be called to go.  He sits so patiently waiting to hear his name while others jump up and down and yell at the teacher - of course they are let go first.  What is this teaching kids?  That you have to be loud and obnoxious to get attention.  Is this why there is such a lack of basic manners these days?

Home we go and I had been zapped of energy.  I had no idea why, I just felt exhausted so coaxed Elijah into watching some TV in bed.  I lay down for half and hour to recharge but he slept until 6pm.  Great he had a sleep but not so great that he was up until 10pm wanting to spend time with his Dad (who was also having one of those days).

Oh and did I mention I had no internet at all on Monday - something to do with the POP which is well beyond my understanding of computers but 24 hours later the technician had it all up and running.

So I've started taking multivitamins again - I think I just let myself get too rundown, which is so easy to do when you're so busy looking after everyone else.  

And just because a post is boring without photos 

























Can you guess which book belongs to this cover?  
(Hint:  it was first printed in 1946)

Comments

  1. I hope you are having a better day today. I had a day like that yesterday - felt a bit overwhelmed with everything and tired... oh so tired.

    Over the years I have had lots of issues with Kindy. One great experience for my son - but both my girls have had kindy teachers who pick their favourites (usually the loud naughty ones) and ignore the rest. Some of their behaviour has really shocked me.

    Its also tough when they see their friends moving on to morning kindy/school and have to wait.

    I hope he feels happy there again soon and enjoys his preschool experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son didn't want to go to preschool near the end and he had always loved preschool. I guess they are just not challenged enough there anymore and I don't think that the supervision is as good for the older kids because the teachers think they know how to look after themselves. On the one hand it's really good that they learn to be really independent before school but on the other hand it is the kindy teachers job to supervise ALL the kids.

    I totally know where you're coming from with the name being called to go. The same thing happens to my daughter and it really p*%$es me off.

    I hope you have a better day today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as a teacher i cant stand kids not having manners! poor elijah waiting so nicely, next time say loudly that ur in a hurry and just take him out, i have to say kids that are consistently well behaved and quiet can be overlooked sometimes and its not fair! i have also started taking vitmans cos im feeling a bit the same. hope u feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGS hope you having a better day today chick xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone has a day like that--hope your day rocks tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late in here but I hope your week gets better and better, Kelly.
    It sounds terrible that kindy teachers would be that slack at sharing their attention around. I hope Elijah is okay.
    Hugs for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kindy boy is often trying to convince me to go shopping instead of going to kindy. We had a spot of trouble with him a while back crying when left at kindy - but now he's totally fine. Just work through it with him and he'll be ok.

    Regarding FeltAid - don't feel so bad - I helped to organise it and wasn't able to buy anything cos I'm totally broke!! Even though I helped organise it and did other behind the scenes things I still felt terribly guilty about not being able to buy anything :(
    To make matters worse - I figured out last minute (when it was too late!) that silly me - I had dosh in PayPal the whole time and totally could've bought something. DUH me. So don't feel so bad :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts