My favourite oppies...

I don't mind sharing... I really don't.  I'm sure there are many fab op shops out there but I always end up at the same place - my local Salvo Army in Glen Eden.  I never walk out empty-handed and I'm onto my fourth loyalty card -  I moved here last August!  So obviously I've had many great expeditions and have come home with more than I probably should.  They're also open Saturdays (unsure of time though)

(sorry bad photo courtesy of Google Maps)
2 Glenview Rd
Glen Eden

Occasionally I pop into the Henderson Salvation Army and Hospice shops on my way to get groceries.  They're ok, not quite as good as Glen Eden but not nearly as bad as New Lynn.  They're across the road from West City so parking isn't an issue.






















Image also from Google Maps

Henderson Salvation Army Store
17 Railside Ave
Henderson

and

West Auckland Hospice Henderson Store
21 Railside Ave
Henderson

If you're heading over the bridge for a spot of op shopping I recommend a visit to the North Shore Hospice shop in Albany but steer well clear of their warehouse in Mairangi Bay (another dusty, overpriced store not dissimilar to New Lynn Salvation Army)

Image from Google Maps

Unit D 75 Corinthian Drive
Albany

I'd love to hear if you have any more you'd like to share - eventually I'd like to compile a list of op shops worth a look and which ones are cashing in on the current thrifting trend.

Comments

  1. I loved the way you used Google maps to show where they are. I've not seen that done before on a blog. So clever!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often try St Vincent de Paul in New Lynn or St Thomas in New Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip offs. Heading to Auckland tomorrow for a 5 minute dental appopintment for Zel...a stop in Albany might make the trip a little more fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I've just found your blog, excited to find some cool NZ blogs that are interesting in thrifting and vintage and also have children! WIN. Anyway, a few things I've found on my thifting travels. The Matakana Op Shop - my local, is a goodie if you can get in early and on the days its open. Warkworth Hospice shop is very overpriced, but the Orewa Salvation Army and the whangaparoa shops are fairly good. - M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts