Learning with a 3 year old....

Morning drawing

Diligently practising writing skills


 Science experiments - learning about volumes


Attempting to develop his pincer grip so he can hold his pen well


Rolling his tongue - apparently a skill that Dad thinks is incredible (I thought it was normal)


Learning about nature and how trees grow so big


and discovering empty sports fields are great for...

 shadow play!

Mastering Approaching Brainy Blocks first time round - he can move up to the next level!  This was the first card - very basic


This was near the end of the pack and one of the more difficult puzzles to solve

Thinking hard about this one - you are provided with an outline but you need to work out where the blocks belong

You would think that a 3 year old (almost 4) wouldn't have a great attention span but this kid concentrates and keeps on task so long as the TV isn't on.  He is a very determined boy so I figured directing this determination to learning skills he needs for school (although its over a year away) instead of dealing with occasional meltdowns would be better for us all.

Comments

  1. awesome activities Kelly, were you a teacher in a past life? i found some of those brainy blocks at a kids second hand shop the other day- amelie loves them. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! busy boy. visiting you on my blog hop, home you can come and say hi to me at http://lookingoutabrokenwindow.blogspot.com and http://picnpaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great for a growing mind - they have the ability to learn so much before they are 5. Its the perfect time for all these thinking activities. He looks like hes doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...seeing these pics of your kiddo matching the blocks on the pattern reminded me of my own once wee-ones. The years will evaporate, so, treasure every second of every day while you got 'em. god bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! i am your newest follower from the Friday link up. I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    Take a peek at my giveaways if you stop by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous. I have 5 going on right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such great learning exercises. Good for you and for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's Three??! Holy cow - I feel like a total failure - good thing there's preschool. Nice job - really - wow.

    Excited to follow all your adventures now, swinging by from the blog hop.

    The Survival Mama

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rolling your tongue like that is genetic, not everyone can do it. Ask around, you will be surprised how many can or can't do it. My 2 boys can but I can't! My husband of course can, so can my mum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts