Happy Thought

The world is so full of a number of things,
I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.
Robert Louis Stevenson

I read Simoney's post yesterday after publishing my own "everything is wrong" post and thought she was so very right.  If I think back and list all the good things then the not so good pales in comparison.

So Happy Thoughts are the order of the day.


Finally Elijah was second to be called off the mat yesterday.  I wish I had my camera with me, the look on his face said it all.


I love that Elijah takes it upon himself to do little things for me:  sweep the garden path, put the lawnmower away (well, push it as far as the shed), takes out the recycling, takes scraps to the compost, and vacuums the lounge.

It makes me smile when he asks me to teach him times tables.  He's 3!  He enjoys playing board games, even the very cool Donald Duck one where you have to add two dice together to determine your move.  He does it with ease.

I'm happy when I am suspicious of the eery silence only to find him lying on the floor in his room with a book reading (or looking at pictures) or doing writing activities without being prompted.

I'm glad that we now have an insulated home where I can walk barefoot and not feel the dampness in the carpet, where we can use less blankets and duvets on the beds, and that the spare room can now be used for storage and play instead of sitting empty due to mold.


I feel lucky that we always have food on the table, running water and reliable electricity.  We have warm, clean shelter and little luxuries that others may not.

I love the space I have made for Elijah - with calming colours and everything handmade or thrifted. (or gifted)  I feel so lucky that I have won some amazing giveaways during my blogging time (like the Beetling Along Messenger Bag by Mee A Bee and Bobby and her Robin by Sarah of BobbyRobin) and participated in swaps that have resulted in some much loved toys (like the Baby Vintage Swap organised by Stella of The Golden Adventures of... A Very Dark Horse - my swap partner Rhiannon of Remarquable Junque sent so many great things but the most played with would have to be the fishing set - it has had hours of use)

I like that my op shopping expeditions turn out some great vintage books; like A Child's Garden of Verses by Robert Louis Stevenson.  What makes these books better than brand new?

























So life isn't as bad as I made out.  It was just one of those days....

PS - a bit thank you to those who commented yesterday, I really appreciated them and am happy to say thankfully all those dull feelings have passed xxx

Comments

  1. Oh what a great little boy you have!! He sounds like a real gem.
    I need to do more taking stock of my blessings too. I guess if we dont have the down times its harder to appreciate the good things :)
    .. I can feel a post brewing about my things to be thankful for too....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts