Quick Sunday Quilt

Months ago I bought a bag of crafting goodies.  Inside were numerous items along with a pile of very roughly cut shapes which I assume were part of a grand plan but they looked like they had been cut by someone in a real hurry.  So I spent an hour or so trimming them all with a rotary cutter into 7x7inch squares.  The fabric isn't pretty - in fact I'm not even sure what era it's from.  Then I whipped up a basic quilt, using three layers of cotton as batting and backed it with pink cotton.  In quilt form it looks ok.  I think it would look fab in a vintage-themed nursery but on it's own, well just take a look for yourself.  I will be popping it in my Felt shop once I've given it it's final wash.


































I have Mr3 holding it up for me (as high as he could reach) so it's about a cot size or lap quilt.





























And while I've been sewing Elijah has been having great fun in a box.  So far it's been a drum, car, train, boat, place to sleep, something to measure, among other things.

Comments

  1. aren't boxes the best! and the quilt looks just lovely, can't wait to make my own one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Kel, just one pointer, hope you don't mind, I guess its the fussy quilter/patchworker in me, but try to get your joins matching, when you iron your seams, which should always be a quarter of an inch, then when you join them they should just slot in together if one seam is ironed one way and the other the other way. Then they will all your squares will match up, also good to pin it in the seam that way so it doesn't move when sewing. I like it I think it is great. Now you just need to learn to free motion quilt so you can do some things in the squares!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in that quilt!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need to get a box apparently! The fabric patterns are very unique and pretty:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts