My Creative Space...

I've been working on something for my Felt shop which is looking rather girly.  Although simple this quilt involved hours of sewing - I underestimated the time it would take!  I have binding to add then it's ready to go.  I opted for cotton in place of batting so in all it is 5 layers of cotton.  I now think my sewing machine hates me!  The photo at the bottom shows the quilt piece I have made for Cat's Quilts for Christchurch - it's not quite how I wanted it but I'm hoping once quilted it will be loved by a child affected by the earthquake.





























Find more creative spaces here

Comments

  1. The truck quilt looks fantastic! I'm sure your sewing machine will forgive you ;) Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get on with doing Amelie's quilt. I started it 18 months ago!! Its actually quilting it that is scaring me. Carys's was really hard and I don't want to pay a fortune to have it done professionally! How do you do yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of very neat and straight stitching. Frighteningly straight...how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Kelly :D Any child would be happy to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anita - thought I'd give it a few days rest :P

    Sophie - like you I didn't want to spend a fortune having it quilted but I can see why they charge what they do. I stitched straight lines across the width using the foot as a guide so all are about a cm apart - time consuming!

    Fippa - you can't see the bits that went astray hehe but I started with a straight line and used the foot as a guide for the rest - thanks

    Chavah - thanks, I guess children aren't really as fussy as we are

    ReplyDelete
  6. what gorgeous straight lines. I love the white on white shot

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh, you're quilting too...i'm in the midst (and angst!) of my first at the moment. steep learning curve.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts