A break away...

We're having a break away from home this week but just across the bridge at Mum's house.  So no kindy for Elijah - instead we took him on some educational (but free) trips.  I did get a bit worried when he told us that Rangitoto was an angry volcano.  We had told him that the island he was seeing was Rangitoto but didn't tell him it was a volcano.






 We try to go for an evening walk each night.  I love this area of Auckland because it's pretty flat and so an easy place to walk.

































We spotted some horses in a field.
Tanty anyone?  I am really thankful that his tanties are silent


Because Granny's house is close to the road and down a cul-de-sac, Elijah spent Wednesday morning watching the rubbish and recycling trucks come down - oh yes very exciting for a three year old.










































I love this photo but I'm kicking myself that it's out of focus - I guess that's expected when he's on a swing. I did manage to get a few nice shots though.


oh and I'm failing Blogtoberfest miserably - it just really isn't my month :(

Comments

  1. These types of educational outings are so good for them, and so fun as a family! Enjoy your time away, it looks like you're having a blast. Oh..except for the tantrum lol. There's always one moment like that huh. Love it Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops sorry, it's me, not my hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee...I had to giggle at Elijah watching the recycling and rubbish trucks. I was just telling my sister this morning how much Jayden used to love doing that! As soon as she heard one coming, she'd run to the window and she'd get quite frantic if she missed it! lol
    I love the tanty photo....too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I wish my two threw tanties as civilised as Elijah!!
    I also think that the out of focus pic is very cool! And it kind of looks like it's supposed to be that way, if you get what I mean!
    Hope you're having a nice relaxing week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, a silent tanty!! love it.
    looks like a great escape, beautiful pics.
    i think we definitely need an escape of our own after seeing your wonderful pics...in Victoria though ;)
    happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts