Story book art...


One of the easiest ways to bring vintage into a child's bedroom would have to be framed pages of a vintage story book.  I used these pages out of a Fun to Learn Book published in 1983.  I picked it up at the local op shop for $1 but what I didn't know was that half the pages had been attacked with felt tips.  Nevermind, the story about Peter's house went untouched and I think it makes a nice set of pictures for Elijah's room.

So next time you need some cheap art grab a few frames and a secondhand book - takes all of 5 minutes for a set of three (A$ size)

Comments

  1. I love it, what i don't like is that 1983 is considered vintage, I was 20 then and it makes me feel old!!!!! You are an inspiration with your neat ideas Kel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Melanie - I was 6 at the time. I think there is a blurry line between old and vintage but be glad I didn't call it antique :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. I do really feel old now if 1983 is vintage. Uggh. ;-)
    But I really do like the framed pages idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those illustrations are fabulous. It is a little alarming to find things from my childhood labeled vintage...oh well. It's still fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage is 1983? Come on! My daughter graduated from high school that year! You consider something vintage if it was made when you were 6? You must be kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it depends of what you feel is vintage. I know the term is very loosely used and was originally from the wine making industry but I think you will probably find that vintage refers to an era or period of time rather than a specific date. Some say vintage is anything over 25 years, others say 40 - unlike antique (over 100 years) there is no really clear definition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts