How to decorate a boy's room...

I'm searching for inspiration... again!  This time I'm going for a non-cartoon character look and although I have a fair idea of what I want to do, I have a zero budget so will be using what I have on hand.  Can I do it?

image from here
I like that red, white and blue looks fresh but is it too patriotic?

image from here
This look would be easy to achieve but it would mean a massive cull of Elijah's toys

image from here
Perhaps a cluster of his baby photos

image from here
Along with a display of artwork

I'm open to ideas so if you have any thrifty ideas let me know (please pretty please)

Comments

  1. Hi Kelly, I dont have any thrifty ideas but just wanted to say - I love red, white and blue for a boys room!! My son has had that as his theme for about 4 years. We just invested a little into some good quality comforters and the rest has been handmade or gifts. One day I'll also make a quilt :) Oh, one idea - cover canvases in fabric for a noticeboard or decoration....cant wait to see what you come up with, the rest of your place you've shown is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got a box of black picture frames from freedom on sale, i have since seen some really nice ones at the wharehouse (peoples revolution brand), it contains heaps of different sizes but they all match.i too have way to many toys in my kids rooms. i dont buy heaps but they seem to get given heaps from mates and family...maybe finding some cool storage solutions will sort that. eeek the rooms in my house are so small i wouldnt know where to start...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh forgot to say check out spearmintbaby.blogspot.com for some big boy rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leonie - thanks for that. I think E would love a pin board full of photos and artwork - great idea

    Lee - I might go to the Warehouse later in the week. I swear plastic toys breed! Oh and thanks for that blog suggestion - love the ideas in there :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts