Collecting for Jazz...

My sister Jazz is due the end of March 2011 with her first so it's no surprise that on my op shop missions I keep this in mind.  I am, after all her Xmas swap partner (something we're trialling this year in a bid to cut costs and stuff) and I'm limited to $20.  You can get a lot for $20 if you go secondhand.

I wish I had had a Baby's First Year book - you think you're going to remember everything but nearly four years later there are some details that are really patching - I'm remembering firsts (first tooth, first word, etc) but other little things - blank!  And it makes me sad :(  

This is a great little book that I think Jazz will find quite useful even though it's a lot older than she is

And how could we not bring this little orphaned baby home - she even has her own crib.  It needs a little work but I think it could make a nice Xmas present for my niece Ella.

So what advice would you give a young Mum (just turned 20) about what she does and doesn't need?  I know I fell into the trap of thinking I needed this and that when really the basics are all you need.

Comments

  1. Kelly - let me know what she needs because I probably have some stuff too! I know I have some books and think I still have some Treasures Mags around too.
    I also have baby toys :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. One great peice of advice I read when it was already too late: Don't buy a change table, buy or use a chest of drawers that is the right height, and just get a change pad to put on top of it. I have 2 change tables now, and they are completely useless to me now that both of my kids are too big for them.
    Also, something we found out second time around, you don't need to spend a whole lot of money on a fancy sterilizer set, you just need a container that can hold about 4 litres of water (we bought one from kmart for about $5.00) and then you can get the sterilizer tablets from the supermarket for a few dollars. It works way better than a microwave sterilizer, which is what we used first time around.
    Oh, and I would definitely recommend a baby sling.
    Another thing we did to save a bit of money (and space) was to use a portacot instead of an actual cot. If you get one that comes with a basinette insert then that's all you will need from birth intil they are ready to move on to a bed. And if you go stay anywhere you can take it with you and baby doesn't have to adjust to sleeping somewhere new.
    Ok, this is like the longest comment ever, and I could probably go on for a bit :) Hope some of it is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a front/back back and/or a sling. I have pack here I could send you if you like

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts