Bedroom Makeover Part One...

It's a miserable old day here in Auckland.  It's raining, it's cold and well it's just miserable.  A few weeks ago I bought some blue gingham sheeting that I intended to make Elijah a duvet cover with.  I underestimated the amount of fabric I would need and only bought two metres.  Around the same time I had bought another woollen blanket from the Salvation Army.  It was labelled for use as a dog blanket because there were two small holes in it but otherwise fine and at $3 who really cares about something so easily mended.

*cue lightbulb moment*

I combined the two to make Elijah a super cozy duvet cover

With an inner through Winter and without during the warmer months

Next step will be new curtains - I have something in mind but am waiting for warmer weather

Comments

  1. Love it Kel, you are sooo good with your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Kelly!
    (and i've just realized our Miss G has the same bed!)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, it looks great.

    You could also applique something on the blanket where the holes are and be able to flip the duvet over if you feel like a change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea. you always think of such good ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel & Leonie - thanks, sometimes the ideas in my head don't translate too well but occasionally I get things to look how I want :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wicked idea. I wish I had a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts