Nothing like new cups...

What's better than sitting down to a cup of tea?
Drinking from new cups of course!

I usually buy new cups every six months or so but it had been a year (almost to the day) that I last updated.  I have spent the past few weeks searching for the perfect cup (for me) and had my eye on some petite size Cath Kidston numbers BUT in order to get the four I needed I would have to travel all over Auckland to get them. I found these in a local dollar store *gasp* for $2 each.  They are a decent quality china, not that horrible chunky stuff.  I know alot of people don't like dollar stores but I think if you have the time to have a decent poke around there are a few bargains to be had.  And I'm not ashamed to admit I shop there when I can get the exact same thing for half, sometimes quarter of the price in other stores.

Comments

  1. Those are pretty, I got some new ones too from The Warehouse for $1.79 LOL, they are fabulous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither am I Vintage Mum. I save a dollar when ever I can. Better in my pocket than somebody elses, after all I earnt it. I like dollar shops, their like op shops though, you've got to sort through the c#*! to get the good stuff!!
    Hope you had a lovely weekend
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!
    I'm in desperate need to update tea towels at the mo...mmmm could go some pretty new mugs too

    ReplyDelete
  4. No shame in being thrifty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cups... can't wait for my next cuppa at your place :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the polka dots . . . I'm enjoying drinking cups of teas in my antique tea cups, there is something lovely about the fineness of it all xxx
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dollar stores; some are better than others. My favourite is 2Cheap. Lots of great quality stuff for so little! I found my new cups at Woolworths of all places... I wanted bright and colourful so got 10 mugs, all different colours but the same shape (white on the inside) for about $1.39 ea.
    They look so sunny stacked in my glass fronted cup cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yah i love new cups too. We just got 4 new ones and makes drinking tea so much more amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always love a good bargain! They are pretty cups too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts