Make mine bright...

Those of you who know me will know that I'm not absolutely in love with my house.  I rent so whatever decorating I do has to be superficial.  We have dark blue carpet which teamed with a dark brown lounge suite and dark brown coffee table, well, it's just dark!   So I thought I'd write a quick post about how I've made it a little brighter for $50.

Click on photo to enlarge

I've always gravitated towards pinks and oranges - it's not intentional but those colours just call to me

Got a framed picture you don't like anymore?  Make yourself some temporary art with your favourite fabric - you can always change it later or use a whiteboard marker and use it as a Menu or chore board

This is one of two 'play' areas I've designated for Elijah.  This bookcase is filled with vintage book finds and his own baby photo albums.  I like him to have access to these because he often asks about what happened when he was a baby in hospital.

So that's my lounge - well half of it.  Next I will show you the kitchen, which has also had a bit of a change.

Comments

  1. I love your phunky pillows & your book nook! Thanks for sharing. Color is so uplifting, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel it's looking great, some nice colorful throws made from scraps is great too, Im busy making one for my lounge now which is all in reds, I did buy the fabric though from The Oz Material Girls which cost a bit, but spotlight has lots of precut squares, I think throws make it look cozier as well.
    How are your sales on Felt going? My Etsy and Felt seem to have dried up totally!!! Im wanting to put a heap of my gear on Trade Me but at the mo haven't the inclination to sit for hours downloading everything!! But I do need to do it as i so need to makes some money.
    Keep up the great decorating!! I also like to decorate lamps, you can find some neat one on your op shop hunts and then cover them, add some beaded trim etc and it reinvents them totally. Have fun. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your book case and your colourful couch cushions. i've done some fabric art with a canvas- so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. house looks great nothing like a bit of colour eh awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly, I feel your pain with the renting, we are renting here in Aus and it drives me crazy not being able to make it our own.
    But I love your ideas to brighten up the room. Especially loving that fabric with the thrifted frame - gorgeous and so bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'm jealous, 3 slices of bacon for 1 point!? That is a food bargain right there! I'm excited to meet other people losing weight and getting fit, every story is inspiring to me! :) Your crafts are beautiful, I LOVE that idea of temporary art, I've got two giant frames I'm going to do this with! I'm looking forward to reading often! :) Have a great day (or is it night in New Zealand?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your thrifted canvas art, I need things like that in my lounge, for $6 too, what a bargain!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts