Currently working on...

the road playmat I promised Elijah

We designed it together so there will be no complaints - clearly he can't wait to drive his cars on it. 

It is still very much a work in progress and I'll be making it up as I go.  I can't decide whether to roll it, fold it, incorporate drawstrings so he can hold a few cars in it or have a pocket on the outer to hold his cars.  Decisions, decisions - I may have to go look at what others are doing... like
Grand Prix play mat by Outside the Box
Tapete para Brincar by Peixinhos no Sotao
Road Mat - Girl's version by A girl and a glue gun
Road Mat - Boy's version by A girl and a glue gun

I'm sure there are loads more and I remember seeing one on an NZ blog a little while ago

Comments

  1. That is so very cool. What a great little "take along" toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cool!
    Love it Kelly!
    I'm supposed to be doing one for my twin nephews, but its going to be very basic.
    Going to use mainly maps as they will be travelling across the globe. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. It's awesome I love that it's portable. You could make a car park that has little individual pockets to hold the cars. This is such a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very very cool Kelly! BTW, how did you do the felt letters? I had an idea for something that involved felt letters but I didn't know if they would be easy to do or not! How were they for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it Kelly, what a great crafty gift for a boy! Elijah will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so cool, Kelz. Bet Elijah loves it!!!! You'll have to bring it over on Friday when you come over :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone

    Sophie - I just bought a couple of packets of felt letters from the $2 shop. I stitch them on the best I can but I have heard you could use some kind of glue

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is mega cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts