Woollen goodness...

I can't knit - and I'm ok admitting that BUT I can thrift.  When I found an orange woollen blanket at the Salvation Army I wondered if I really needed it.  I walked away from it then walked past again - yup I 'needed' it.  I had plans for this one before I had even found it.  I was actually looking for darker colours but this orange one is so vibrant - perfectly suited to the cold weather we're having.



I bought a few packs of doilies and tablecloths from the Salvation Army - this was in one of them.  I think it may have been a jam cover at some stage - remember those?


This is one I did a sneak peek of in my last post - the silhouette is one I've had cut out for months but didn't know what to do with it


Oh yes - he has to try out every new cushion that passes through this house


This coin purse didn't turn out how I wanted - I think the appliqué was just too small to play nicely so this now belongs to Elijah.

Right, it's a beautiful Winter's day out and I promised Elijah I'd take him to the park.  Shame that we have to go look at vacuum cleaners as well - we're in dire need of a new one!

Comments

  1. great cushions from your thrifted blanket! I went to the Bris Style twilight markets tonight in Brisbane and at one stall they had made a softie Elephant out of a thrifted blanket....maybe I might need to look out for some blankets with all these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - you HAD to have that blanket! What a great colour! All the best with your move. I can relate ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I would have bought that blanket as well. You can't buy real wool blankets of that quality anymore that aren't made in China! I have a couple of those woolen blankets in pastel pink/cream/green/blue patterns that used to belong to my Grandmother and I love how they say 'Made in New Zealand' on the old tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow is adorable.

    I never pass up a good wool blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. I love the pretty orange fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts