Not long till Xmas...

Well that's not quite true but I tell you, the second half of the year goes twice as fast as the first.  When the shops put out their Xmas decorations in September (or is it earlier?) we tend to think we have loads of time to prepare.  Next thing you know it's 23rd December and you're starting to stress about what to get who!

Need an incentive to get started early?  If you're planning on making your own presents this year, I have just the thing for you.  The lovely Deb is encouraging us to make a present a week until Xmas.  So what's the incentive?  The weeks you post about a gift you've made for someone for Xmas, you will go in the draw to win a half metre of fabric!

I find Sunday's are the best time for me to sew especially when Dad takes Elijah out for the afternoon for some boy's time.  So this I literally whipped up in two hours!



Excuse the photography - it's night time 

I made this snuggle rug for my niece Ella and when she's done using it as a snuggly (if she even likes it) then it can double as a doll's blanket.  The top I made from old pj fabric kindly given to me by Cat, the middle layer is polar fleece (not my favourite thing to use but it was soft!) and the backing plain white flannelette.  And it passed the snuggly test that Elijah subjected it too - he knows a thing or two about softness and now won't sleep unless his blankie (aka mimoo) is covering his pillow! 

ETA:  the photo makes it look alot bigger than it actually is - actual size is about 40x60cm.  I'll try and get some better photos today now that the sun is out :)