Not long till Xmas...

Well that's not quite true but I tell you, the second half of the year goes twice as fast as the first.  When the shops put out their Xmas decorations in September (or is it earlier?) we tend to think we have loads of time to prepare.  Next thing you know it's 23rd December and you're starting to stress about what to get who!

Need an incentive to get started early?  If you're planning on making your own presents this year, I have just the thing for you.  The lovely Deb is encouraging us to make a present a week until Xmas.  So what's the incentive?  The weeks you post about a gift you've made for someone for Xmas, you will go in the draw to win a half metre of fabric!

I find Sunday's are the best time for me to sew especially when Dad takes Elijah out for the afternoon for some boy's time.  So this I literally whipped up in two hours!



Excuse the photography - it's night time 

I made this snuggle rug for my niece Ella and when she's done using it as a snuggly (if she even likes it) then it can double as a doll's blanket.  The top I made from old pj fabric kindly given to me by Cat, the middle layer is polar fleece (not my favourite thing to use but it was soft!) and the backing plain white flannelette.  And it passed the snuggly test that Elijah subjected it too - he knows a thing or two about softness and now won't sleep unless his blankie (aka mimoo) is covering his pillow! 

ETA:  the photo makes it look alot bigger than it actually is - actual size is about 40x60cm.  I'll try and get some better photos today now that the sun is out :) 

Comments

  1. WOW this is awesome Kelly! Now you're making me feel slack for not achieving anything with my part of the pj's LOL - I am, however, waiting to find some more pj's to add to my quilt!
    You've done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's gorgeous. I can't believe you whipped that up in a couple of hours. You must have had smoke coming out of your sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was superfast. I too have been thinking about christmas because it really does come around too quick from now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great kelly, very impressed you made it on 2 hours! I am really wanting to make a little quilt soon but its going to take me sooo long to choose my fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thats fantastic for a quilt that only took a couple of hours! I am hanging out for some me time to work on my quilt, hopefully some time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kel it is gorgeous, love the colors. I think it is a great idea to start preparing for Christmas now, i like to give home made gifts too especially if you are anything like me, where i have loads and loads of fabric and craft material, so no excuse. I was given a whole of denim and im contemplating about what to do with it, i though some nice satchel bags and trim etc. You really should come out one day over to the Island and spend it with me and we can chat and craft till our hearts content. My hubby is going to England on the 15th Aug so i will be home alone for 3 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I thought you liked my blog???

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazingly gorgeous and of course your neice is going to love it! Who wouldn't? Great idea on the Christmas present a week thing. I may have to join in once I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great idea to do a Christmas gift a week, but that might be too concise for me! I think I might try. MIGHT. try once a month instead!! Love your quilt and i am going to go check out Deb's blog for encouragement too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really cool quilt! I just LOVE the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this - you are so clever to make this in such a short amount of time. Did you follow a pattern or make it up as you go?

    Cheers,
    Cate (Visiting via Kiwi Mummy Blogs)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts