I promised...

A while ago now I promised Elijah that I would make him a cars quilt.  I've taken the easy way out for this one and made wide strips, but it does have his name!



So while it's not the best it could have been, I am going to try and finish it before he comes home on Saturday.  Yes, you heard right - he's at Granny's again!  Actually it's my sister who keeps wanting him to stay over so how can I say no knowing how much uninterrupted crafting time it will give me!

This is a single size (I should be making king single but single is much easier!) and the letters came as part of a panel from Spotlight.  I had intended to cut the letters myself out of the red checkers but then I found the letter panel and thought that would save me alot of time.

Comments

  1. Bet he will be one super happy boy when he arrives home and see's it! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a very lucky boy being recipient of all these handmade goods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it's really lovely, Kelly. You clever lady! Bet he's gonna LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my son jesse is cars mad!!! great work supermum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute! He is going to love it - especially with his name on it.
    Hope to see you at the next Craft Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. really cute and he will think it's extra special since mommy made it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright colors! Its really cute! You found a letter panel? Perfect, they are a great match!
    How can he not love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! Elijah likes everything I make - even if it's pink so I'm sure he'll be chuffed with this. I'm about to pin the binding on and will post about it later today - fingers crossed it will look ok - bear in mind I don't own a quilting attachment or a walking foot - they're on my wishlist ;)

    Melissa - strange but I think the letter panel found me! They're great and come in a few different colourways but I thought this one was best for what I was doing - problem is what do I do with all the other letters???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts