A sneaky peek into Quilt 2...














Elijah is going away for his first long holiday - 5 nights!  Only to Granny's but still it's going to feel like a long time.  I have plenty to do though - like working on my doily/napkin quilt. It won't be quite as big or heavy as the last one I made - I estimated around 120 x 120cm but I'm still undecided on a border so it could be slightly bigger.  You can't see the doilies?  Of course not - I will hand stitch the doilies on once I have machine stitched the fabric (a mix of new and vintage) and napkins together.

My second prize from the Sew, Mama, Sew May Day Giveaway arrived this morning!  When I opened the parcel I was greeted by the most delicious scent.  Johanna of Star-cooked was very generous in her giveaway - she had four winners!   I was super happy that I was sent my first choice - the red and green dyed Romney. I think Johanna is super talented as she spun the yarn herself!  So now I need to learn to knit - and hopefully soon because it's already Winter!

















Oh, I forgot to mention what the delicious scent was - Johanna had kindly included some little fragrant sachets that she had also made herself.  I hope that one day Johanna plucks up the courage to start a little shop on Felt or elsewhere.  Thank you Johanna!

Comments

  1. I cannot wait to see your finished quilt!
    Are the doilies all vintage? And the colors, pinks, and flowers.... how pretty!
    Can you tell I love that kind of stuff! ha!
    So get busy, hurry, I wanna see!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa - I'm not even sure how to tell if a doily is vintage or not, but they're all thrifted. I did a bit of googling but I couldn't find a quilt with doilies that I liked - most had cut the doilies in half or into quarters to sew into the quilt. I'll be placing mine whole on top - I have a picture in my mind but whether it ends up that way is another story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the "sneak peek" already! Need the hubby to come outside with me before darkness hits here tonight so we can get a pic of my new finished quilt top;)

    BTW, I have some handkerchiefs that I need to incorporate into a quilt one day, but I need to collect some more hankies;) Just made me think of that when I saw this pic of your quilt top here:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly - thank you very much for your kind comments - I'm glad you're happy with it. Yes 'plucking up the courage' is bang on - thanks for the encouragement!!

    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts