Op shop catch up...

I feel like I haven't blogged about my op shopping expeditions in ages but in reality I have still been going twice a week *gasp*
I have been giving myself a budget each time though.  One visit I specifically went for a blanket and walked out with a near new crocheted number
The cute blanket underneath the crocheted one is a vintage continental quilt.  It's a little worse for wear but still very useable.

Some fairly old books - I always thought teaching your baby to read was a fairly new phenomenon - clearly not as this book is over 35 years old

A wee bit of history in the Mr Why & Mr What book

I had seen the Gilbert Harding Question Book at the op shop for a while so I decided to give it a quick scan - it's great!  All sorts of general knowledge type questions.  Published in 1956.

You know what they say about fashion - it goes around and around.  Look at these wee birdies from a copy of Pins and Needles Home Fashions magazine from 1969!

I'm predicting a comeback in children's beach cover-ups - we had them as kids, must be time to bring back the towelling!

The obligatory patterns - they're getting few and far between at my local op shop - I may have to search further afield. 


How about making a pretty crochet pot of flowers?

Can you guess which era this magazine is from?

If you guessed the 80s you'd be right!  How about a crocheted rag rug for your child's room?

Silk ties seem to be a third of the price of polyester ties at out oppie - seems wrong doesn't it?  Elijah and I both agree the paisley tie is the best.  I have plans for these but they may have to wait a bit.

And for just $3 I found an Urban Originals handbag - now if only I had this three years ago, it'd make an awesome nappy bag!

Phew!  I do have a few more things but I'll blog about them another time.

Comments

  1. you find such neat things Kelly, love that crochet blanket and that pins and needles magazine looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ties... I so have plans for them lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you always seem to find the coolest things Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds there. Bit worrying though at my age you see all the things we used to wear and you young things call them vintage!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. I like that nappy bag..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You always find the treasures! Love the vintage patterns..the ones for ladies notice they always looked a bit barbie'ish? ha!
    I adore old books too. They seem to be a hard find here. Have fun on your next expedition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that crochet blanket is such a score! I have been on the lookout for one of them, but no luck so far. The little birdie pattern is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts