New handbag...

I spent most of yesterday afternoon piecing together a bag for myself.  I searched high and low on the net for suitable bags but I couldn't find anything I really liked.  I like bigger bags - I guess it's a security thing because I only ever carry my keys, wallet and phone.  I thought about what I wanted in a bag - rounded base, narrow opening (so there was no need for a clasp), a splash of colour but not too much and most of all big enough to be practical but not so big that I lose my keys in it.  This is what I came up with


Made from woollen fabric given to me (thanks Mum) and cotton from my scrap pack


I was a bit lazy and didn't measure anything but it has come out the perfect size for me.  If I ever made another one I would take my time doing the strap.  I had so much trouble trying to picture how to stitch it so that when I turned the bag the right way the strap would be the right way.  I completely confused myself but after unpicking it once I sat down and figured it out.

Elijah will be back this afternoon and I have sewing bits and pieces all over the lounge.  I have a reiki appointment this morning which I'm a little nervous about but have been assured that I will feel much more relaxed afterward.  I think it's more a fear of the unknown even though I did google it.  I will try anything so long as I don't have to pop pills!

Comments

  1. Very nice!! You are amazing at just making patterns up - I aspire to be able to do the same one day...

    PS - love your new titles font - very funky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! you are so clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is great. Love the fabric you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I need someone to take my two adorables for a weekend or a week so I can achieve so so much!
    I love your bag - and good luck with the Reiki - love to hear how it goes xxx
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    Renee - I think you can either work with patterns or without, in my case I struggle trying to work out somebody else's workings iykwim

    Cat - reiki was certainly well out of my comfort zone but at the same time very relaxing. He taught me how to breathe properly - as stupid as it sounds it is something I don't do well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Amy Butler fabric with the woollen fabric - your very clever working out a pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts