A name change...

I've been thinking about a name change for a while now and I think what spurred me on even more was something my reiki practitioner said.  I always thought I wanted to reclaim the life I had pre-child hence the title 'Reclaiming Me' when in reality I don't want that at all!

I love being a Mum, especially to such a bright, inquisitive wee man who sometimes drives me up the wall with incessant questioning and constant thirst for knowledge.  My last session focussed on relieving me of some of the emotions surrounding the not so conventional birth.  I really didn't think it would work but I can now talk about what happened without feeling anger, without feeling a sense of loss for the birth I had thought I would have.  I used to look back and think why - why wasn't I listened to?  Now I look back and think it happened and it all turned out ok.  It feels so good to not have that angry feeling.

I have noticed a few other blog name changes and I wanted a play on words - while I'm still going through options my favourite so far is

Recollect & Alter - creating my best life

Why this title?  I don't want to forget my past (hence recollect) but there are things I want to change in my current situation (hence alter) in order to attain a better life.  Make sense?  Any thoughts?  Too boring or been done before?

Comments

  1. I like it... but then I like you current name... but completely understand why you want to change :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reclaiming me - you could just change 'your definition' as to what you 'mean' by reclaiming you.
    And I TOTALLY get you re 'un-conventional' birth! I recently had to do a talk at a post natal group and 4 years down the track the tears still welled up when I talked about my c-section and inability to b*feed.
    Hugs n kisses to you - xxx
    I like reclaiming me .. ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leesh - I love it how blogs can just evolve into something whenever the time is right

    Cat - you would probably like reiki if you're into that sort of thing. I also couldn't bf and the lactation consultant made me feel terrible - but I had tried really hard but Elijah was a poor feeder anyway, it was hard enough finding him the right bottle to feed from (we had help from a speech language therapist would you believe?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your current title too, but understand the need to tangibly put things in a box after processing them and move on to the next thing.
    If re-naming your blog makes you happy, then why not? It's kind of symbolic I guess.
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Reclaiming me... it's "to the point" etc, but like the others totally "get" the need or want of change! All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts