Language Lesson - Week One

My Mum is a Kiwi and my Dad is a Pakistani, does that makes me a Pakiwi?  Anyway, over the past few months Dad has been trying to teach me some Urdu.  But it's not going so well because he is at work six days a week, so Mum is going to try to teach me.


So today's lesson is colours (using phonetic spelling rather than Urdu script)

kalaa
neela
bhoora
surmai
hara/sabz
naaranji
gulaabi
jaamani
lal
peela

Next week we will learn the days of the week.

Does your family speak a different language at home?  Why don't you teach your readers some easy words from a language you know (other than English)?

Comments

  1. i wondered where you got your beautiful exotic look from, i didnt think your were maori or islander, i thought maybe french/danish. good lesson by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I get that alot. When I was younger I could have been any nationality but now I am starting to look more like Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea, I am learning Hindi and will try and teach my kids when they are old enough as they are half Indian. Good work keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im half indian too. Other way round for me and my bother. Mum indian...dad english. My mum brought us both up to understand hindi. Its hard keeping it up when you dont speak it everyday, so these days I listen more than I speak. My mum is trying to teach the kids some words..they get a kick out of it. I look forward to your lessons too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jacksta - I can see it in your kids! They're beautiful - hopefully I can get my a into g and put some more lessons up - I need Dad's help though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts