Knitted dishcloths...

They're a pretty new thing to me but I need to practise my knitting - I've discovered I haven't forgotten how to knit a basic square even though it's been years since I last tried (and gave up when I became frustrated).
I made this one with wool but later got some tips courtesy of D from Sew Funky and Sarah of Unido Baby Slings that cotton and bamboo work so much better!  Masco's Wool Shop have temporarily leased a shop in our local shopping mall (where I usually do the groceries) so I will have to have another browse in there.  I had a look earlier this week but they were still bringing products in.  One day I may pluck up the courage to attempt one of the many dishcloth tutorials online.

Comments

  1. I found some patterns for knitted dish cloths recently. I haven't made any yet but definitely want to give them a go. This blog www.krisknits.blogspot.com has some free designs and a link to other patterns to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally addicted to dishcloths and YES Bamboo and Cotton is the best mix!
    This is the pattern I use http://www.lakebreeze.org/knitting.htm
    I have photos on my blog of the ones I've knitted.
    Have fun and enjoy
    Cat
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the binding - I'm a sucker for polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frangipani & Cat - thank you for the links. I might have to pluck up the courage to be able to follow a knitting pattern - going to have a look at your ones now Cat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thats so cute! I am a sucker for polka dots too :) I have been wanting to make dishcloths for a while but just cant get the hang of crochet so Im definately going to try knitting one!!
    Thanks for your lovely comments on my post Kelly - Im going to focus on the positive and craft my heart out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts