Adapted Recipe - GF gingernuts...

I read that you could just about adjust any recipe to include gluten free flour in place of ordinary wheat flour.  This morning I decided to out that theory to the test by baking my usual gingernut recipe but making them gluten free.


Not bad.  Actually the only difference I found was they take a little longer to bake than normal and they have a little bit of a gritty after-taste that comes with gluten free flour, but other than that there is no difference.

You will need
100gm butter (I use a little less depending on how much is left in the fridge)
1 cup sugar (I used raw or unrefined sugar)
2 teaspoons ground ginger (more or less depending on your taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups gluten free baking mix

Melt butter.  Stir in sugar, ginger and vanilla.  Then add the egg and whisk.  Then add your baking mix and baking soda.  Place small teaspoonfuls onto tray lined with baking paper.  Bake at 180C for approximately 15 minutes - I use fan bake so it could be a little longer or even less depending on the size of your biscuit.  Be aware that they spread a lot so leave plenty of room between them.  Easy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts