Online Fabric Purchases

I have always been a little apprehensive about buying fabric online so to put my mind at ease I started off with a couple of scrap packs from Melinda at  Every Spare Minute.  



Firstly, a little bit about the scrap packs.  You can buy them on Trade Me but you have to be quick or you'll miss out!  You don't get to choose which fabrics you receive but you get a clue as to which colour range you will receive designs from.  For example, I chose Teal/Green and Pink/Orange so I got the beautiful fabrics pictured above.  So how much fabric do you actually get?  A combination of three different fabrics totalling no less than 60cm, perfect for small crafts or building up your stash - because you never know when you might need some pretty fabric!

While you're there, take a look at her range or fabrics.  You will find designers such as Amy Butler, Alexander Henry, Patty Young and Michael Miller.  If you're like me, Spotlight only holds it's interest for a while because although their range is huge it is always same old, same old.

I am, by the way, super happy with my scrap pack.  As yet I'm unsure what I will do with them - so I'm opening this up for suggestions.  What do you think?

Comments

  1. Lovely! my favourite fabric designer is Joel Dewberry, have you come across him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. another great online place is stitchbird fabrics, she often is on trade me too!! i wanna learn to sew so i can make those little bird mobiles where they sit on the twigs. u could do something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog page, i so need to design one for myself, who designed yours or did you just use a standard template, i don't know how to even start! Melanie She Wears Shweshwe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks emerson-j - that sounds like a great idea - wouldn't they look good hanging in my sewing room or even the lounge!

    Melanie - have sent you a quick message on facebook - let me know if you need any help :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely to come across another kiwi blog chic that loves op shops and fabric stashes!!!I see you already know Sarah from Red Gingham. have you come across Melissa from tinyhappy yet? She's lovely, and so inspiringly clever. If not, there's a link on my blog. Lovely to meet you. Have you tried one of those jelly roll type quilts? You could use that new stash I bet. I haven't tried them yet, too many things in my crafting universe to get through, but they look lushious and jewel like don't they?
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabrics, how about bunting or even little patchwork purses!
    Jenny (a charity shop and fabricaholic from the UK)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely ideas up there Kelly. I love the look of patchwork. How about making yourself a little lap quilt to keep you warm these cold winter evenings? You could use an op shopped blanket for the quilt fill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the teal flowery one! :) I haven't bought a lot of fabric online (until this week when I went all out and bought $60 worth on an Aussie site) I didn't have to pay postage if I spent over $50. So I went crazy buying fat quarters.

    I love scrap packs, because I can make all sorts of things that I sell with them - brooches, tea wallets etc... FUN!

    I'd definitely buy from stitchbird fabrics, she sent me some free scraps the other day and is SUPER NICE! And it's great that she is a kiwi... :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly, thanks so much for blogging about your fabric purchases - I'm so pleased you like them. Melinda :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts