No kindy today... (and some sewing)

Last night we had more crying than sleeping.  Colds aren't nice for anyone but I think when Elijah gets a blocked nose he panics.  He screams that he can't breathe (when he clearly can because he's screaming) yet he refuses to take medicine or blow his nose.  So after half an hour of trying to convince him he needed to blow his nose, he half-heartedly did.  I popped some Baby Balsam on his chest and he was back to sleep.  He slept until 8.30am and woke in a good mood!


He was so disappointed when I called kindy to say he wouldn't be in, but he understands and doesn't want others to get sick.

With glassy eyes he set about 'sewing like Mum'

It kept him busy for half an hour while I sewed myself a fabric box to keep my fabric scraps in
I used some spare thermal fabric as a layer to stiffen the box (instead of interfacing or cardboard)
Completely reversible
and the perfect size for my scraps

Now, maybe someone can tell me, I saw a blog that had made similar boxes from vintage sheets - do you think I could find the blog I was looking for???  So this one is just a very simple one I made by drawing five squares onto newspaper (yes I use newspaper to make what I call 'throw away patterns' which is why I tend to only make one of each item) in a + shape so there was actually very little sewing involved.



Comments

  1. Hugs.

    Love your new fabric box, might have to make one for myself... :)

    I have some of the fabric elijah is playing with. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the first Winter cold! We have it in our household too. Good on you for keeping your little guy occupied with a bit of snipping while you got on with your project (which is really cool by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Elijah is better soon... I love your fabric box... and think I need to come look at some of your fabrics - i'm liking what I can see and want to steal some for my business idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh what are you planning missy? hehe We'll have to take a trip out to Spotlight one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it frustrating that a mere cold to a little one is a huge thing and there's really not a lot you can do. I spent the day in hospital with my little man yesterday, his first cold and he's not taking it so well. Luckily today he is doing a bit better and sleeping it off. Your fabric box is great, I will have to add that to my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly
    So glad you have joined in my giveaway, good luck in the draw.
    Sorry your little man has been a bit poorly and hope he's on the way to recovery now. he looks real cute. Just about the age of my grandson.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a neat fabric box. Hope your little man is better tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Elijah is feeling better. Love the sewing you talented person you. Wish I could sew.
    Ha Ha!! funny as my mother was a dressmaker. Life happened to throw me a curved ball though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not nice when kids are sick. Love the new sewing things - both of you :). My 4 year old is doing some sewing as we 'speak' - fabric stretched over an embroidery hoop. Lou.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts