From old to new...

This is a project I've been meaning to get into for a while now.  At the beginning of the year my landlord came and repainted my bathroom - white on white, completely white!  It has grown on me now but the problem was my love of white towels!  I must admit I did think about buying new towels but then thought again.  I had paid an arm and a leg for the last ones and even though they are over two years old, they are still in perfect condition.  You get what you pay for with towels and sheets, so I would rather spend that little bit extra.  Just my opinion.

So here is what I did (could call this a basic tutorial but it is mostly common sense)

I cut a length of fabric 10cm wide which allows 1cm either side for turning.  The length you need will depend on the width of your towel - take that and add an extra 2cm for turning.  Prepare your fabric by turning over raw edges toward the wrong side of the fabric (don't forget to wash your fabric beforehand!)



Pin into position.  You could use interfacing but it really isn't necessary - I didn't have any issues with the fabric moving while sewing.



Stitch around the outside edges as close as you can



Easy peasy - all done!

Comments

  1. great idea Kelly! whenever we get around to finally painting our bathroom I'm going to give this a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - you have just made my new towel colour decision for me... Although I'm thinking white for the girls - blue for the boys, and I'm gonna personalise them YAY!~!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh yes Leesh - Elijah and I have white and Ali has navy ;) - I have some cream monster towels that I might do, not sure yet because we don't use them as much. Let me know if you need any help ;)

    Thanks Widge :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I really like these! They look so cool. If we bothered with matching towels and stuff then I might do it too. (with two little boys living with us and one grown boy there are never any clean towels here, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Kelly! Love that fabric. I bet it looks fab in your all white bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your towels they look fabulous! Thanks too for visiting. Good luck with my giveaway- apologise for the mix ups and crazy email error messages, not sure what they were about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fabulous! I love the fabric you choose too, very retro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you :D I love Emily Bloom fabrics but I wasn't sure what to do with this one but I bought it anyway! (as you do)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow those are GREAT, i love that idea.

    I dont like any of my towels i have lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts