From father to son...

Not advice but jeans!

From this tired old pair of Dad's jeans


To some cute jeans for Elijah


They even have a zip AND I used a pattern!

It was actually a pattern dated 1972 and these were meant to be dress pants but have turned out quite funky in denim.  They have an elasticated waist at the back and a zip and dome - I forgot that I really, really disliked domes!  They're a size four so I expect them to fit a while.

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow - hopefully.  We've had the most dreadful weather all day, so gloomy and cold.  We're expecting a weather bomb to hit New Zealand tonight - fun!

Comments

  1. Those are gorgeous! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u are very clever!! he is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow clever you!! they look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE them! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a talent you have !! amazing ....hugs from me..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool are they Kelly?! Well done. I bet Elijah loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all ;)

    He does love them and even said to his Dad 'haha you can't fit them any more'. I think we'll get alot of wear out of them and I've saved myself $30 a pair for the next size up in jeans. I'll definitely be making some more

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute!! I am super impressed. What a great idea for daddy's old jeans. Yes I am ready to sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! that's fantastic. we have so many old clothes here that could be re-purposed, will have to try one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! Most of my hubby's jeans wouldn't be in good enough condition...but mine could be. This is a great idea. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts