At my house...

It's still miserable weather here in Auckland.  We won't be leaving the house today, that's for sure!  Thankfully it isn't as cold as yesterday so the heater is having a rest while the dehumidifier sucks all the dampness out of the house.

As Winter approaches the house seems to get darker and darker.  But what makes it worse is all my furniture is dark brown!  So I saw a post over here and although I haven't done such a great job, it certainly does warm up the room and make it a bit lighter.

The striped sheets some of you will recognise from this post - they are vintage Marimekko!





Well, that's what has been happening at our house.  If you want to see what other people have been up to, go visit Buttons by Lou Lou

Comments

  1. I love the crocheted blanket you have there on the couch... awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - another bargain from the Salvation Army store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem with my furniture, but today my lounge is very colourful because I have laundry hanging everywhere!! I like the new look of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes I love the crochet blanket too! Reminds me of one my mum made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for an easy brighten and freshen up in a room. Enjoy your 'new' lounge. Thanks for joining in this week. Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter?? is coming?? i sit here outside in the sun !!.............hahahahhh!! sorry !! .............happy day my darling...hugs from me.............

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts