Op shop goodie...

Mum's eyes just about popped out of her sockets when I showed her this curtain in the Auckland Mission oppie in Takapuna.  And not in a good way.

I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!  So I searched and searched for a pattern that was simple, practical and looked good.  I found it here on Melissa's blog Tiny Happy.  She has quite a few tutorials on her blog which I'm itching to try but thought I'd start with the bag.  I made mine slightly larger than the one shown but it's not oversize.


Isn't it great?  And I still have plenty of fabric left over.

Comments

  1. I am so incredibly jealous of that fabric, it is beautiful. I currently have two Tiny Happy bags in use at the moment (both upsized) but just got some fabric today to bag a zippered bag for myself now I don't have to carry so much stuff about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your bag kelly! i have looked at that tutorial heaps but just haven't found the right fabric yet to give it a go. did it take long? it looks really good!
    cute little coin purse too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo cool! good job (and find!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab bag isnt this tutorial just great I made one too just this week Im thinking of making an upsized one too and a Christmas one and a summer one :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts