Easter 2010

Bit of a mixed bag really.  Had a text from Mum around 5am this morning to call her at home.  Of course, I didn't get the text until almost 8am, and a text asking to call her is never going to be for something trivial.  She told me that my cousin's house had been completely gutted by fire and they had lost everything.  Everything except their lives.  They had been away camping for Easter weekend and recieved a call from a neighbour in the early hours of the morning.  They are just thankful that there are so many caring people around, and are still recovering from the shock of such a great loss.

It really gets me thinking about how we work so hard making our homes nice, yet one fire and it all that work is undone within minutes.  Quite sad really.  I'm confident they will be able to rebuild their lives - they are both really hard working and will get stuck in.  But doesn't make for a memorable Easter.

Yesterday I finished off two pairs of pyjama pants and a pair of boxers for Elijah. 

clearly impressed hmm

Then this afternoon I thought I'd have a go at making a bag.  I didn't have a pattern so I had to make my own.  Trying to visualise how it would all go together proved harder than I thought but I think the end result was worth that extra thinking!




We also turned our clocks back today - love it!  Anything to get Elijah to bed at 6pm makes me happy :)

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's house! That's really rough. Your bag is fantastic! And yes, I'm loving the earlier bedtime too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts