What grates me???


* damp houses believe me when I say I've had enough of feeling ill all the time!
* having to use the dehumidifier in the middle of Summer - come on! it's 27deg out - I should have it packed away NOT in daily use!
* toys all over the house - time to hide some I think
* dirty windows - some people don't seem to notice (or care) but I like to see out mine
* tailgaters - I'm sure most people will share this one.  If I'm travelling 60km in a 50km zone then NO I will not go faster just so you can get to your destination 60 seconds earlier - basic physics people!
* a constant stream of dishes - contemplating using disposables (although that wouldn't be environmentally friendly!)
* the whole breastfeeding debate - it really should be a non-issue - it's a very natural part of life and always has been.  There will always be those who can't (I fall into this category) or don't want to but at the end of the day its all about personal choice.  You have no idea how guilty I was made to feel when I chose to stop trying after seeing a Speech Language Therapist.  After being sedated, ventilated and tube fed so long, Elijah just couldn't get the suck, swallow reflex - we even resorted to bottles used for babies born with cleft palate.  Add to that a lack of supply on my part despite trying all the potions out there - either way he would have either drowned or starved.  And even though many 'breast is best' advocates will say there are some genuine exceptions it doesn't make me feel any less guilty - I did my best and expressed for three months despite the fact at my peak was only producing 100mls a day!
* dust - omg this house drives me mad!  I dust and vacuum everyday and I can still write my name on the coffee table with my finger!
* having no direction - honestly I have no drive at the moment.  I feel like I only just exist.  I don't know what I'm good at and with everyone saying there are 'no' jobs out there, I think 'crap, what's it going to be like when Elijah goes to school in two years time?'
* ridiculously high rent for crappy homes - I mean, fine if you're a bad tenant who doesn't pay rent or trashes places, but for tenants who care for the property as their own, surely there should be some kind of incentive!
*cat poo - on my lawn!  Whatever happened to cats being discreet about it?  Don't they usually bury it?  I have no idea where the cats are coming from but I highly doubt its from any of our immediate neighbours.
* clutter - I have a fair bit but honestly it does stress me a bit.  It's very hard to relax around clutter.  I'm slowly getting rid of it though.
* fly poo on the ceiling - does nothing deter this mutant breed of flies???  Even the dispenser attached to the wall is insufficient
* not being able to fit 80% of the clothes in my wardrobe (and yep they're all new too!) - I'm working on this one now though - by losing weight NOT buying new clothes

*sigh* that feels so much better!  If you are one of the poor souls who read through this negative post, I hope I haven't ruined your day!

Comments

Popular Posts