Temporary Art...

I bought a frame from the Salvos the other day - it had no glass just a sheet of cardboard.  I had planned to turn in into a blackboard but until I go get a sheet of ply and blackboard paint, I thought I would put it up on the wall so it wasn't in the way.  I found the fabric at Spotlight in their furnishing department - only $12 a metre.  When I get around to making the blackboard, I'll sew this fabric into a couple of cushions.
Ever wanted to know what 134 Hot Wheels cars looks like (and thats not including all the other cars) - do you think I get tired of picking them up all the time??? Definitely


and tonight's exciting dinner.  Wedges made from baby kumara - oven baked so fairly healthy - and store bought salsa.  I'm not a fan of tomatoes (actually I can't stand them) but I don't mind them in salsa and sauces.

and yes, that's all I had for dinner because I had a delicious chicken salad for lunch! (4 types of lettuce from my garden, red onion, shredded chicken, cooked and cooled cubes of pumpkin, sprinkle of walnuts and dressed with light French dressing - yum!)

Comments

  1. that fabric is so cool- good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Megan - it also comes in pink :) I thought it was quite reasonably priced. I saw they had pastels with white polkadots - it's a shame Elijah is a boy - I would love to decorate a girl's room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the fabric - love the cars! man he has a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish we had Spotlight in Tauranga!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! Tauranga needs one - makes shopping for craft and sewing alot easier! Isn't the closest one Rotorua or Hamilton?

    Yup he has alot of cars - we use them as treats rather than junk food. Funny thing is they all get used and he knows where each and everyone has come from and who bought it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts