I know I shouldn't have...

but I was driving past anyway.  I popped into the Salvation Army on my way home from having lunch with a friend while Elijah's at kindy.  In a way I'm glad I did because I found this duvet
that was my attempt at a close up



I saved a family!

And I now have a bookcase slim enough to fit in the hall (or it could be a good place for my fabric stash)

Now off to pick Elijah up, what a gloomy old day it's turned out to be.  I hope he ate his afternoon tea

Before pic - After pic to come...

not a bad attempt at afternoon tea, and the birds will be happy there are scraps!

Comments

  1. The duvet is gorgeous! i too am getting into the op shop scene. Last week we went looking for crocheted doilies and left with a lot of other stuff thanks to my darling daughter, including a giant care bear!! Its fun though, my sister finds the most amazing things are her local op shop, I hope one day I will be that savvy too. Love lurking your blog :)you keep things real and I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely duvet cover and the knitted toys are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah Leonie, I think Elijah enjoys op shopping more than going to Toyworld! Lurk away :) I loving reading other blogs and living vicariously through them but when it comes down to it, I am able to live on very little but still have fun. Plus I love avoiding the mall now - you wouldn't have heard me say that two years ago!

    I asked Elijah if he wanted the pink duvet cover for his bed. His answer being 'yes' - do all boys go through this pink stage??? So it will sit in my pile to use as fabric

    Megan - I always feel sorry for knitted toys at the op shop - nobody seems to buy them. I know they aren't always the prettiest toys there, but they are practical for babies and like you saw in a previous post they last 30+ years!

    I've promised myself no more op shopping this week. I still haven't done my 'Tuesday Toss Out' so I better do that before I bring anything else into the house!

    Thanks for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yes! it's capsicum - he loves it (any colour). We have four big purple ones on our plant so he can't wait for those to be big enough to eat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts