Finding Inspiration...

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
(Bob Dylan)


I'm child-free until Saturday so I thought I'd take the opportunity to finally do what a lot of other bloggers have already done... and that's write a list of goals.  It's too late for me to write a 32 before 33 list because, eek, I turn 33 in five months!  I think it's an important step in reclaiming me - it's been so long since I've had to think about doing something for myself.  So for now I'll keep the list short and add to it as I think of things.  Clearly at the very top of my list is to lose weight.  Five more kilos to lose and I will go for a much needed haircut.  The last haircut I went for I ended up being so upset and have kept my hair tied up ever since!  Seriously it looked like a cut you would give a four year old and nothing like I had described to the "hairdresser".  I had even drawn her a pic of what I wanted but she was off in her own "one cut fits all" world.  Needless to say I will be avoiding that salon.

2010 Goals
* learn to scrapbook
* get Elijah's albums up to date (that may take a while!)
* find a new place to live (one that's not damp and dusty)
* aim to walk alot more
* get local library membership (I have registered online, just need to pick up a card)
* go to bed earlier
* work on RAKs (random acts of kindness)
* sew a basic quilt
* write a book for Elijah (including his NICU/SCBU story)
* make and stick to a budget

Sometimes in life you end up doing the stuff you 'have' to do and neglect the stuff you 'want' to do.  In my case, I don't know what I 'want' to do anymore!  I don't know if it's a Mummy thing or if I would have been like this anyway.  Mid-life crisis maybe?  Hmm I think I may be too young for that!  I'm definitely on the upward slope of a steep learning curve though.

Comments

  1. I am totally mid-life crisising. (and making up words)
    I don't know what I want to do with my life - I guess the last 5 years have been so focused on kids that with H going to school I feel a bit lost.
    However since we have made plans to have another baby i feel a little less lost IYKWIM. I guess it is like having a plan in place for the future. (First I have to lose weight though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? mid-life crisising isn't a word??? who would've thought?

    I find it really frustrating - I studied business and tourism yet I worked in an export business in the office - I hated every second and left after three months!

    I really don't know what I can do - probably more a self esteem thing more than lack of skills - I am, afterall, a mother!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. Napoleon Hill

Popular Posts