Just can’t leave it alone…

My lounge that is! For about the tenth time in six months I’ve moved the furniture around – slightly. I still can’t get it to how I want it though. I have always like how in decorating magazines they have photos grouped together. Until today I hadn’t been brave enough to try it.
My beloved desk (under photo grouping) was once a bright green student desk I found on Trade & Exchange for $10. I stripped it back roughly and liked what I found – that was about 6 years ago. I wish I had time to start some projects but will wait until Elijah has settled into kindy.

I think I may have successfully killed the plant that was a birthday present from my Aunty Janet – I’m hoping it will come away now that its not in direct sunlight. This is ‘my’ space in the lounge and I want it kept clutter free. The vase, although an odd shape, was a Christmas present from Elijah and the colour is in keeping with my (unintentional) brown colour scheme.

I am in a rental so there is no point painting - it would be too much work. the walls are in such bad shape anyway that it would probably have to be re-gibbed. So its down to decorating with accessories really. And it has to be on a budget – which is why I love the local op-shops.

I just bought the latest Your Home & Garden so am off to have a cuppa and a quick read before having a bit of a tidy up. While changing the lounge around the rest of the house was neglected – its so easy to slip behind but I’m finding FlyLady makes it a whole lot easier to get back on track.

So here are a few ‘before’ pics. I’ll be working on the lounge, kitchen and dining first – I’d like to actually be able to use the dining room for dining. At the moment I have four boxes of ‘stuff’ to sort sitting in the lounge next to the TV which I have to add to my ‘To do’ list


Right off I go to find some inspiration!

To Do

Paint bedside cabinet (bought from Salvation Army for $12) – still undecided on colour but I think it would look pretty white

Repaint the small set of drawers blue to go in Elijah’s bedroom

Sew new curtains for the lounge from a plain fabric

Comments

Popular Posts